Sunday, December 02, 2007

Finally 6-Max and Sleeping Mariners


End of Week Update

Hands 12,865
Profit +$400.60
BB/100 +10.66 (5.33 PTBB/100)
Attitude: 4 days =Feeling like a Stud 3 days Feeling like a Nit
$11.92 per hour (I cant wait till I let myself move up)
33.62 Hours (about 8 hours of it was playing 1-2 tables while Tv/Study)

Seattle Mariners update:

Zero
Zero
Zero

Wait a Minute....

Winter Baseball Meetings....

Zero
Zero
Zero

And the word is that The M's arent gonna offer Jose Guillen arbitration.....

Now granted I am not that upset Jose wont be back (especially with the steroid rumor)
Adam Jones needs a home in the Outfield....and though I love what Jose did for the MAriners, and will consider him a Mariner always (its funny how every player who plays 1 game in the uniform...in my mind will always be an M)
But 10 mil PER/Year for 3+ years....sorry...No-way-jose

BUT.....

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No arbitration (which Jose will pass on anyways)?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

THAT MEANS NO SANDWICH PICK IN THE DRAFT!!!!!!!! 1st Round pick...BYE BYE

Unbelievable.

Jose is a Type B Free agent, and that gets us a Sandwich pick in next years draft,
By not offering A-b-tration, the Mariners lose out on the draft pick (2 1st rounders instead of ONE)

I dont get it....it wont hurt next year....but it hurts the farm system.

Kuroda news....
Nothing....

Pitching news...
Nothing...
(okay, with the exception of on the Mariners website JJ Putz doing charity stuff)

Mariners needs:
Starting pitching

Secondary needs
Move Richie Raul or Turbo trade to say goodbye to one (free up LF for a free agent who can play defence and left handed)

My suggestions

Kuroda.....BUT NOT for huge money 7 Mil per and Max 3 years
Bartolo Colon ...yeah he sucked last year....but a 1 year for cheap....
If he comes back...thats a bargain....
If not....dump him after 5+ starts and Morrow has starts under his Belt at tacoma, or RRS (ryan rowland smith) or Baek can take his slot

Basically get pitching...but dont ruin the franchise for 5 years doing it.
Carlos Silva is NOT the answer.

As far as the 2ndy need
Geoff Jenkins would be good and the right price

Whether its Richie or Turbo...I wouldnt really care that much who got traded for salary relief and line-up/defense relief.
Its more about Defense than anything else...and of course another left handed bat in the lineup would be nice

Okay enough Mariners...

Poker....

Mid week after moving up to 25/50c I realized its mainly a matter of confidence to move up and make huge $$$ .....My game tighens up WAY to much....I should Half/half it when moving up.

Mid week as well....I finally started learning 6-max.....3 years in the waiting.
My intiall reasoning was "All the good players are flocking to 6-max to take advatage, so I will Full ring and be the best there to profit"

Honestly...I was right.....the Players are Full Ring, are either Really good...or they are 10 times worse than 6-max players.
But....My BB/100 at 6-max (even though I dont feel like a pro yet) its higher, simply for the factr of being able to take advatange of 1-2 bad players, TWICE as much per 100 hands (in Full ring...ya take on the Bad player 2 times in 2 orbits....in the same amount of hands in 6-max....you take on the bad player 4 times)
DUH!!!!!!

I must say though...have to be a bit more careful against the good players....
And its definately teaching me to play in position more (not because I need position on bad players as much....but because I need to make sure I dont get in situation out of position against the good players)

I think the next 20-40K in hands are going to improve my game 10 fold....just the last 3 days (6k hands)I can see the difference in how I approach each hand relative to position.

My BB/100 should have been 3 times what it was....but lost 4 huge hands (one hand was 200 BB deep)
77 in the CO
I open for 4BB
SB calls, BB calls
Flop K72 rainbow
SB near pots
BB calls
I of course Raise (even though when I think of it now...no draws with the excpetion of a gutshot at worst, I might have just called and slowplayer...naw...pump it is better this deep)
SB and BB call (
Turn is an Ace completing the rainbow.
SB leads out....BB calls again

To be honest I actually though about just calling here...I mean....there is no way I am behind 99% of the time.....draws???? Are there any???

But I raised, because I like money (I left enough for a comfortable shove where is he does have 2 pair he's gonna call.....cause KK is the only thing I am worried about....and with the read I have on both....they would have pumped preflop

SB calls....BB fold (who knows what he had)
River is 2

SB checks
With my perfectly sized Turn bet....it leaves me a shove that he has to call with 2 pair (I'm hoping he has AK, Ax, or some crazy Kx)

He insta calls with Quad Dueces

The more I think about it....I cant find check on the river....
He doesnt have KK or AA (I would bet everything I have, just cause those 2 dont slow play anything)

I dunno...I hate bad beat stories....but it was such a cooler (being exremely deeo over 200BB really hurt)

Okay enough of that.

Things to work on....

Steal more from the CO, and stealing a little from the Hi-jack (blind specific)
3Bet more on the Button and CO
Find info on 3Bet from blinds (do's and don'ts)
(I think of doing it a bunch, but dont pull the trigger....well...because they "seem" -EV...even though it kinda feels like I am giving up money....
Dunno...I think I am missing out on money ops

I started 6-max to play better around the button...Need to work hard....
Its gonna pay off big time.

Oh, and if anyone read this far....

click on the Stoxpoker banner and signup....its more than worth it (its already paid for itself)

No comments: