Sunday, December 23, 2007

I know what the problem is, but I cant make myself slow down to fix it....

Its sound really stupid.....but its true......

98% of the time I am playing at least a B to A+ Game of Poker
And then there are 3 or 4 hands per session....that I cant move the slider over fat enough to bet,raise,3bet,shove etc etc etc when I shouldnt....If I had 1 second to decide....the choices I make...well...I could rationalize it....but I dont...I have 8-15 seconds before my tank timer kicks in...and since I dont utilize that as well as I should...I always have like 80 seconds or more each table....

I dont have an excuses......I tell myself before every session I need to slow down and take my time each action....but 10 minutes in...even if its only a couple tables....if all the tables have actions at the same time.....(even if they are junk hands and obvious folds)....its like a silent trigger....that I just do it this way.....

Action at table 1 .....quick click to fold (easy)
Action at table 1(same time) A8os from the MP (I didnt even notice I was MP, thought was CO)....I BetPot so quick I dont even look at the stats of the btn/Co or the blinds.....Essentially at quick glance it looks like a decent or good open....but the READS, that are important....not even looking at them until "maybe" the flop....

Esssentially I taking average situation...that look average on the surface...and not pausing to look...if I did...I would see that they were Marginal at best because of reads (bunches of PFR start to add up......as well as the Misguided CBs)

If I would just take 5+ seconds on lots of situations.....I cant even imagine how many BB/100 hands I would save by alalyzing the situation and adjusting to the read.

I really dont know what to do....

I know the problem......It "should" be easy to fix....I do it the right way for the 1st 10 minutes or so...then it just slips back into habit........

I mean...I even have a word document that I have linked to my opener (prog that opens all poker related software I need to play...PT, Pokerstars PAHud, AHK scripts etc etc)

I read it outloud before I play...and some of the key things...I have them written out from 5-20 times...and I keep repeating them.

Argh...I am goingto have to do something drastic though.....The last 20K hands has been really bad....before that I was doing pretty good about it...but it seems when I do go on a prolonged upswing.....taking my time on actions seems to dwindle.

Maybe I'll have to get somethink like a chess clock.....to make sure I take at least 5 seconds on each action.....even if its folding 72os to an allin.

I dunno.....just really frustrating when ya play a session that should be winning session...and ya break even because ya played 1 pair or 2 pair like the nuts postflop....or...ignored the villians actions and THE FRIGGIN MEANING of his actions.....where 5 seconds of thinking SHOULD have resulted in a better line. (i.e. taking a marginal hand like QQ on an Ace high flop and playing it like I have an ace)

Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaaa.

Pathetic....I know the problem...but cant find a solution to ensure I do the right thing....
(5 seconds afterward thinking "I should have spend 5 seconds thinking before I acted")
Most of the actions are horrible.....just -EV compared to other lines.

I am lame.....rambling.....I am just so mad at myself....Its the same problem....I get it to go away....play 50k of winning poker (A game).....then....little differences.....can barely tell the difference....but there is....key situations that I leak money....I know it happens.....and I cant seem to self correct it.....byt the time it works out......well....I go 9 steps forward.....8 steps back...8 forward.....7 back....10 forward....9 back...and so on...

I am winner....but I see such HUGE potential......variance is one thing....but I am leaking money because of this.....even with standard variance and swings....95% of my game is 10+++++ bb/100 winner (closer to 20+BB)......

I am going to rest before my head explodes.

Maybe one of the StoxPoker Gods will have some wisodom in a video that just "Clicks" in my head or something....I dunno.....I know the leatherass9 and cottonseed1 videos that I first watch....its like a bell went off...and I completely wiped out that part of the game that was hurting me......now...I dunno....just like a switch went off.......Maybe I should rewatch the first 10 I watched....LOL....100+ NL vids...and I am suppose to remember in what order I watched them...I mean...I've watched 40 of them or so.

Head hurts.....I'm tired of A-game....then brainfart...and end up $9 up for a 3k session...when I know it should have been $250++

No comments: