Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Didnt play any poker today....Possum on the porch.....and Seahawks NFL playoff analysis


Its Xmas Eve...played Zero Poker....

I got socks for Christmas from my mom...and thats it.....but as long as I get socks from my mom....it makes xmas.....well.... wouldnt be xmas without them.

I havent mention it....but I think a possum is living under the house......
3-4 times a week he comes up on the porch......starts scratching and clawing at the pastic garbage can (definately not sneaky creatures...I watch TV and can hear him from a mile away)

Last night I descided to open the garbage can, (with free chicken bones on top) and see if I could attract him, so I could take a pic......

Ironically....he didnt even react to the flash...its when I dropped my drink, he ran like crazy.

I might start calling him my little buddy....

btw....possum's sight....its not so good.....and their hearing isnt the best either....I could sneak up on the little rat bastard easliy.....but when ya make sharp loud sounds...they run like hell.

As you can see.....he was having a 7-course meal in the can.


Seahawks Playoff analysis.

Okay....1st of all..let clear this up for people.....
The Seahawks are underrated this year....the should be EVERYONES sleeper pick this year....

Seahawks Strengths.

Defense-----Incredibly improved....its times better than when they went to the superbowl.
Defense----0Look at the probowl selections
Defense----It matches up great with Dallas Cowboys, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Giants, and Washington Redskins......the only team that it might be a push...is Minnesota Vikings....and that is only because of Adrian Peterson

Offense---Passing attack only.....it is one the best in the NFL.....70% of the time...at other times...I do wonder...
Matt Hassleback has the experience...He's great.....he wont be hall of fame.....but he's good enough to lead the seahawks back to the superbowl.

Punt Return Team
Josh Brown (I still consider him a strength even though not like past years)
KO Return team (underrated...no TDs...but if ya TD runs from other Teams...Hawks are 2-3 in Ret average.


Seahawks Weakness

Running game....its alot better now that weeks ago.....but it might be a problem.......but if they can just be average....seahawks roll.

With the Seahawks winning the 3rd seed in the playoffs.....they are a Redskins Win away from the perfect playoff setup.

First Round ----Washington Redskins
The Least scary of any playoff team...they are on a roll....and I might be underestimating them...
All in All though.....My hope is Skins lose and Vikings lose...so neither team thinks they have a chance.

Alt----Minnesota Vikings....as I have said before....I would fear the Playoff return of Steve Hutchinson.....He makes any RB a Probowl typa back....and with Adrian Peterson doing the running duties....the Seahawks would have their hands full on the defense side...and the Offense would have to be on their game...because they would not get many ops.

2nd Round----Packers (no matter who wins Bucs/Giants...Hawks will play the Pack if they win.
Could Brett Farve will the Packers to the win? Of course.....but unlikely.

It comes down to if the Hawks get pressure on Farve ...if they do...Hawks win.....if they don't...hawks lose...its that simple.
I still like the Hawks in this game....Mike Holgren is an Offensive Guru...he will score enough points to win

NFC Championship Game----My guess is The cowboys...I pray its Tampa Bay....38.95% chance its the Giants....

My preference in Order
Giants (we own them and Manning....lets just say he would be Mr INT and TO)
Bucs--we beat them week 1...

Both of the above would be at qwest field....loudest in the league.....
Manning+hawks D=Seahawks win

Lets be realistic though.....Its gonna be the Cowboys.

Hawks vs Boys

Hawks match up extremely well.......
Key to the Game.....Whitten vs Hawks LBs

If the hawks contain Whitten....they win (well unless they let Owens go wild)
Cover Whitten....Tony Romo is on his butt most of the game.

I like the Hawks chances this year....last year I figured we'd beat the Cow-girls....but I didnt think we would get back to the SB.....this year.....I wish the Running game was better....
BUT....Defense wins championship.....right?

If not...the passing attack will take care of the rest.

No comments: