Thursday, December 06, 2007

Mariners.....Stox Poker and well.....a good day of poker.

First of all....

Stox Poker Rocks.... besides the obvious benefits of improving my game.....

Here is just another instance of "coolness"

StoxPoker.com is offering people free one month subscription for people who place Stoxpoker banners on their wesite....

I already have a year membership that I got free from Cake and PSO (btw...great promo...best offer ever) So I dont need an extension of the extra month....

Me being the complete cheap skate that I am....I send a message to the forums Admin asking if I could get Stox's book instead of the extra month (they also have a INCREDIBLE sign up offer for 6 month and 1 year subscriptions of a bunch of free poker books and poker software)

Here is what I got in response

"That is not a problem as long as shipped within the continental US or Canada."

Which is WAY Cool....and I realized that they are even giving me a better deal....because on the other free offers...approx every 1 1/2 months is equal to 1 book....

Definately not complaining.

So....BIG PROPS to Stoxpoker.....My bankroll thanks ya and so does my daughter :-)
At this rate...by mid-2008 I might make more in one month than I ever have working....well.....its way in the future...but I am hopeful and plan on working at it.....

Be great Just to goto Mariners games and Play poker.

Now for the Mariners update....

Mariners + winter meetings = yawnfest

Wasnt expecting anything....but I am like every other fan...always hopeful.
Minnesota Twins fans offeseason has been crazy.....I couldnt imagine writing all about that.

Supposedly M's offer Kuroda 4 years 40 mil....
Relatively is an okay signing (considering dont have to pay a posting fee)....
I hope he doesnt bust like Igawa.....4 years would be like paying Scott Spiezio again for additional years.

Btw...

Scott SLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOO can suck my butt crack.
The only Ex-Mariner that I can actually say I hate.

Back to what I was saying....lets just keep our fingers crossed he is a stud.

Rumors still around for Erik Bedard....
I am all for the trade.....as long as it doesnt cost to much talent.....
No adam Jones.
heard a rumor they wanted George Sherrill ......
I like Bedard...but I have this bad feeling I am not gonna like who we have to give up to get him....

Bedard....controll untill 2009.....
Felix/bedard 1-2 punch would be really good.

Okay...

Poker.....

Started the Day off slow....first hour or so left me feeling "great, break even-downswing"....but then I won one big pot that brought me near even for the day......

Then.....

Fish started jumping into my bankroll....
One guy I took his stack 4 times....He was tilting hard and I took full advantage of it.....I think he stacked off 9 full buy-ins....Unfortunately he had position on me, Or I would have gotten 80% instead of 50%

I was making good reads the 2nd half of the session....

Example....

Made a River call, that I would normally fold with no reads...and had fully intended on folding when I check and I expected the villian to fire.

It was the size of his River Bet.....20 minutes earlier...he had fired...got call...he had Ace high...but won the pot because the other guy thought King high was good (I did a double take)
Initally I thought he had a huge hand....but his river bet was 90% of pot....the ONLY other time he made a bet that size....was the river bluff....all other bets were exact Pot...or the standard 1/2 2/3 3/4 etc etc (or rounded off) etc etc.

Just glad the board texture was favorable to hand read his range.....generally calling "he has trips, boat or bluff" are not calls I generally would want to ever make (missed draws are a different story).

The funny part was....he commented "how did ya make that call"....then 2 hands later he chatted "Damn, I did the same move 30 hands ago".....
Made me feel good...Took him 3 minutes to analyze and I caught it in seconds.

Go Craig :-)

Results wise it was a good day.....feeling wise, 2nd half was good....playwise, some spots I sucked.....for the most part I was good....

Note to self:
3-bet more preflop.

I think I might require myself to squeeze 4 extra time preflop (not random...but selected)...I am definatly not doing it enough weekley....leaving money on the table.

Also....Tough guys on your left Sucks.

No comments: