Sunday, December 16, 2007

Poker: Week of 12/10-12/16


End of Week Update

Hands 14,061
Profit +$557.90
BB/100 8.22 (4.11 PTBB/100)
Hours 33.22 (very little sat/sun because lack of confidence)
$16.80 Per Hour

At the begining of the week....Played incredible, that went hand in hand with winning at a rate that I KNOW could not continue......

What I did not expect....was for me to lose confidence in my game so abruptley on the downswing to follow...

I am up a good number for the week....but thursday-sunday (I actually ended up sunday even though I dropped a buyin quickley) ......10 years old could run over me.

Psychologically it was a very painful week......To be honest.....it was night and day...half the week...Playing A++ game....questioning if I shouldnt be playing ALOT higher.....
The rest of the week...I wondered if I shouldnt be playing the lowest of low Micro-limits.

Example:

Today....Complete idiot Me

QJs (I think....dunno it might have been QJos) Raise from the CO...
BB calls. (a realatively tight and good player which should have been my first clue that he cold calls)
Flop is Q 9 2 Rainbow
BB Leads into me for 1/2 pot (red flag #2)
All week long (frustration)
I have top pair....I pop it for a little less than pot (reflecting I should have just called an evaluated turn)
He 3bets medium...(red flag #3....no read as tricky...but I lumped him in with other bluffers)
I shove (pretty dumb given his line)
He thinks about it (which is something If I would have done....I would have lost less than $5)
He Calls....He has KK (which when I look at the hand I should have read that or a set EASILY)
bet/3bet line...They Will have something 90% of the time

I played poorly the last half of the week.....
Not sure if I need to be more aggressive or less (the numbers say more.....but its mainly losing Big pots on stupid "moves"

Rule #1 should be:
Don't Trying to Blow people out trying to get them to fold (people dont fold the nuts)

I actually feel better right now....but I have to admit....over 24 hours ago I had very little hope.

I am thinking of moving down tp work on my game and get my VPIP and PFR up a little....
16-17/10-13 game is not going to cut it in 6-max

Also...I have to do some thinking and research about getting play back at and 3/bet at...it seemed to be happening alot more at the end of this week....its almost like they just knew they could push me off of hands.....
I dunno....maybe it will correct itself with me playing hands stronger (If you play strong....well....strong beats stong and respect)

Okay....I am gonna do some tinkering with PaHud

No comments: