Tuesday, December 04, 2007

From the Pits of Dispair, to Feeling Hunkie Dorie.....

Before I get into the Title....

Mariners Update....

Jose Guillen signs with KC.....
Bavasi deserves an anal probing for this one.....
No arbitration, no extra 1st round draft pick for the Mariners
I thought the Ho-Ram trade was bad last year.....this was just plain stupidity on Bill's part.
Hmmmm....as I am writing this someone just told me we did offer him arbitration....
Hmmmm....gawd I hope so.


Mariners still the front runner for Hiroki Kuroda
I hope he isnt the next Igawa.....dont think so...but I do worry.

Rumor is Erik Bedard is on the Mariners Radar.....
Now he's not Santana (btw the Mariners wont be getting him)
I dunno....He's high quality....but the big question is what we give up for him.
IMHO get him, but dont give up the farm.

No if we can just dump richie (love ya Big Rich, but unless you can get back to form from 2+ years ago.....cant afford what you've done the last 2 years)


Okay.....

Now for the ups and downs of poker.....

Yesterday was probably the 2nd worst I have ever felt after playing poker.
In a matter of 15 minutes I dropped 7 full buy-ins
Ironically only one of them I can partially attribute to Tilting (my play was questionable, but not horrific by any means....-EV but not by too much)

So today, I started a little later than normal....datamined a bit longer than I normally do, just to get more meaningful numbers......

My plan was to make sure I wasnt too aggressive (which I tend to do when I start any session for some reason....its not maniac at all....its just me thinking...
"aggression is the key to being a winning player".....
Its true....but you can blow people off the hand when they have the mortal nuts.

Played about 5 hours straight (playing so well I even held off going to the bathroom for a while)
No huge hands.....several situations in which I "WISHED" I had the hand to call.
(complete Donk on my right shoving all in all day....80BB into a 5 BB pot)
The Biggest pot I scooped all day was maybe 40 BB total....

BUT....

Talk about grinding.....
Near perfect poker.....
The only bad hand played was letting a flush draw get there at the river (completely screwed up by not betting the turn...cost me 10BB)

Won back all 7 buy ins from yesterday.....

Ironically I should be happier.....
With the exception of a few days.....I cant remember a more successful day BB/100 where I played over 2k in hands....

I know what this means....means I need to stay at this level for at least the rest of the week.....sigh.....at least I am regonizing the right moves.

Go Hawks!!!!
Go Mariners!!!
Go T-birds!!!
Go.....
Well...
Stay Sonics!!!!

No comments: