Saturday, August 05, 2006

More Downs....and an Up

In Short...the last 2 days....Lost 10 55s in a row....so I dropped down for the hell of it...played 4 27s won the first two...then just as I was about to open two more....I probably did the stupidest play I have ever made....so I called it a night...and did some reading.

Today....I busted stupidly in the Gold VIP after getting some chips......
Currently Chip leader in the Platinum tourny with 27 people left.....

and I better get back to paying attention....

Craig

Edit:
If I dont make the final table...I am a moron.
1/5 of the chips in play with 18 people left

Edit:
Okay, The poker gods at testing me....(its the break)...best hand the last 40 hands was J7s (I am not kidding)....and any of the times I was thinking about taking advatage of a situation....yup...some short-medium stack beats me into the pot....Calling 10% of my chips and not in the blind with 83os is not something I think a smart person who do....so I havent.

I am Half Tempted to blind my way to the final table...if I knew I could get there and be mid pack with chips, I'd definately do it....only 1 guy at my table that I would be worried about...the rest...hey short table like a SnG...most of these guys are cash game players ( a few tourny guys)

Welp back to the action...16 people left and still chip leader....but still card dead.

Edit:
Welp....Lucky and unlucky...

Lucky...that I donked off my chip lead with 11 people left and squeeked into the final table and the short stack

Unlucky...that I picked my spots....worked my way back into having a chance....
Getting to the Final 4.....and then getting sucked out when I had him dominated.

Who calls 80% of their chips with with QJos?!?!?!

Well I finished 4th in the Platinum freeoll and won almost $500.00

Not bad.....I only played 3 hands pretty bad (not good, but like Phil Ivey said "No one plays every hand perfect")
But at least I wasnt the one all in on those.....I could have definately done more damage at the final table if I would have screwed up.

THats the other thing I need to do....

99% of the time before a couple weeks ago...even when I lost...I was always confident..and didnt pick apart my game....lately...like above....I am thinking more negatively....I need to stop that.

I mean....because of 2 bad plays....I almost just won $50 in 11th place....but instead...I regained my composure....observed and planned out getting back into it...couple good reads and laydowns....and I did just that....and just a 3 outer of getting 1st or second.....

The $1700 sure would have been nice though :)

Okay....I am going to remind myself, I just won something for nothing...played 96% Great and take care of other business....then play later.

Craig

No comments: