Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 1 of Re-training

This sucks....necessary but sucks.

LOL...I feel like such a loser at the $6.50 tables....dunno why...there are a few good players....guess its just dropping down so far....well...its kinda like being a Major league baseball player...and voluntarily go back to little league....it seeems silly

Welp.

Recap of the day.
Havent reviewed the tournies yet....BUT

First part of the day...just like I have been doing...not being patient enough...or being tooooo patient and missing the critical times I need to force something (i.e 4-5BB and blinds are going up within the next minute...essentially losing any FE Fold equity)

and...add in the insane beats....I dropped 7 of the first 8 Ts...

After a Break, and some forum reading at 2+2 (I think that might be a problem as well....I went on the downswing when I started reading more of the forums....always have browsed...but really started reading posts...and...well...might just be a coincidence...but it is weird that...READ...HUGE DOWNSWING of $3000

2nd Half of the day went alot better....no first at all...but I actually finished even for the day (not bad with no first and dropping 7 straight)

HU is always a rollercoaster...buteven against the best at worst in the long run in SnGs I am 50/50 HU...and most havent a clue how to play HU....I mean...you can tell someone who has no clue heads up when they comment about pushing 95s when alls ya have is 4BB on the button....I mean...fold...then what?....If ya have a little fold equity short stacked...ya HAVE to use it HU....

Okay...

This I need to work on....

Keep working on trimming some of the spots I push....
and
Pushing more in some spots (I was such a Donk on one hand...lucky no one called...pushing A2os with 6 people left when I had 13BB...and the two big stacks in the blinds...and near maniac callers....I actually would have derserve to bust for that one....

I need to think more....take time....I need to stop going...Think, decide, move all in a split second....
At least now I am seeing it right after I do it....

Bad Habits suck...

I know I'll break it sooner or later....Even when I do...something definately gonna have to watch.

I need to make a list

1) Push less in spots (cut back on the moves that a maniac makes)
2) Push more in spots (increase +EV pushes to be in position to pwn the table)
3) Take More time before making a decsision (dont just pick the first thing...1st thought is only right 90% of the time....means 10% it puts ya on the rail)
4) Take Time to think (writing it twice, because....some bad habits have become instinctual...all in with 22 in the SB with a Bigger stack, is different that UTG full table going all in with 22....
Situation, Chip stack, reads, cards, etc etc etc...I need to consider ALL....ALL info..not just most important....
Just considering the important stuff...makes ya a break even player at best...its the little things that make me a winning player.
5)Fold more and bet more often on the flop depending on the situation
(playing to passively at times with certain boards)
I REALLY REALLY need to work on that....at least I am noticing how some people are picking up on it so I can adjust
6) look for more spots to steal blinds from 50/100 to 100/200...not because of cards...but optimal player type and position and wont put me in a hole.
7) THINK THINK THINK....

Results for the day...

26 tournies -$7.00 Net -4.14% ROI 46.15 ITM
0 1st, 6 2nd, 6 3rds, 8 4ths, and 6 5ths

(gonna need to take a look at those 4th and 5ths...I know 2 of them I screwed up, but might be more)

The ITM placings...got unlucky on a bunch of the 2nds....REALLY unlucky...like Cracked AA unlucky...
Not worried about that...I was actually playing HU pretty good...shoulda been 4 and 2 easy.

Most of the 3rds were good 3rds...going for the win and came up short (60/40 favs and coming up short...it will balance in time)

Now I am really wondering about the 4th and 5ths...I thought I would have busted earlier on a couple...but I didnt....hmmm...LOL...I'm pissed because I didnt ITM more today...lol...typical me....

ANOTHER THING TO WORK ON

8) DONT GET DOWN ON THE GOOD...46% ITM is decent...dont need to rag on myself..I mean...the part of no 1st...that would be the spot to rag...but I cant because I was good....if I keep it up...ROI will naturally go up...I mean...if things would have averaged out today the way I played...50% ROI...Just gotta see what I did when I dumped those first ones....I "feel" it was something I was actually doing or not doing...

BUT, just like with the downswing...cant find it or put my finger on it.

All right..enough rambling...

I'll analyze the things tommorrow

No comments: