Monday, September 18, 2006

Variance sucks....but at least I ended the day up.

Well...its been a rollercoaster ride last night and today.

I had a horrible start....dont remember the exact number...

But was down 15 buyins almost immediately...

Started with a couple really bad beats...
Then...honestly...I played like crap.

LOL...almost had a panic attack...flashbacks of the downswing that made me skip dropping down to the $27s all the way to the $6.50s cause my confidence was shot.

I printed out a bunch of numbers off pokertracker....compared them to winning and losing data.

Realized when I do hit a downswing...need to play less hands...especially until I am playing the $114s....remember that I dont need to outplay the villians...they will hang themselves at the $27 and under.

Dont remember who told me....but...

"When you're uncertain on how you're playing....take the 'marginal' out of marginal hands and fold them"

Well...considering I was down a huge amount for the last 24 hours...I musta made a huge comeback...

Thats right folks....down 15 buyings with an hour+ and down over 20 buyins....and...Presto...
Start paying attention to my play, and folding marginal spots even if it felt like I was on the + side...sure enough....watching 10 different hands were the range said call, but the villian was insanely strong....

Its funny...3 of those hands I would have sucked out on...5 of them I would have just chalked it up to bad luck....

Making "big descisions" for small pots doesnt make sense.

I ended up $23 for the day....a friggin miracle.

played good...but got unlucky from suckouts once heads up, or would have been really insane comeback.

Fantasy Baseball news...

Two leagues I am in...
In the championship game in one (blew the guy out in the semis 12-1)
The other one...I think I am in the Champ game...its gonna be close...gonna come down to the whip...I'll know in the morning

Fantasy football...
Both leagues, still undefeated....I rock when it comes to targeting guys who dont get drafted.


Bedtime

No comments: