Friday, January 11, 2008

Seattle Mariners...its been a while....

I could post every day about the mariners...but I will save that for the Regular season....for now...I'll post on offseason events only (I am tired of the Kenji Johjima articles on the MAriners site...I swear I have seen the same article 4 times, just paragraphs moved around....might not be...but they SURE READ THE F-ing Same)

Yesterdays super news.....team changing.....

The Seattle Mariners signed Miguel Cairo.....

????????

My thoughts were just one word

WHY??????

No dont get me wrong....its not that I hate him...but why?

Here are the bazillions of questions running through my head

Why spend extra salary on a bench spot?
Why sign a guy for more, that we have 10 of in the minors?
Why a bench guy that has virtually no bat?
Why do we need a Willie Sr.?
Why do we sign guys who "have been through the wars"?
Why does this improve out team?
Why not a more talented played for the same price?
Why not spend 10% more for a player twice as good?
Why do we need 4 deep at every position?
Why not Power bat?
Why does Bill Bavasi want "veterans" who have zero leadership experience?
Why Does Bill think "gritty" Willie-type players will get them to the playoffs?


Is it a horrible move?

Well...it doesnt sink the team....
But it sure doesnt improve it....
Alls it does is allow Bill to allot salary and make it look like he's spending to improve (unspent money means people will question if he had a successful offseason)

I really dont see the purpose of it....
He's a Willie Bloomquist.....who is a little slower....ALOT older....less speed...might hit a little bit better (its hard to say....both are an OBP vaccuum)....broke down pinch runner?

Opening day...I will of course love him...because he is a Mariner....but sheesh....Signing players for no reason at all....

Great....we dont have to worry about Willie getting tired......ummm....Bill...wake up brother.....

If Richie doesnt come through....you better hope Wlad comes through and Raul wants to play 1B...because Cairo at 1B or Willie....now thats stupid.

The Mariners dont have a any power on the bench....zero.

Ugh....

I love the mariners...but rediculous moves like this that dont help are frustrating....I mean...go with younger guys with better potential talent for a cheaper cost, makes alot more sense.

Back to poker....at least I am puting my money in better spots than Bill is.

No comments: