Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poker: Week of 1/21/08-1/27/08

End of Week Update


Hands 7378
Profit -147 BB
BB/100 -1.98 (-0.99 PTBB/100)
Hours 19.50
-3.76 BB/HR Per Hour

I hid midweek and totally disgusted between times playing bad (or what I percieved as playing bad) and....not sure If I can handle the idiot players....I swear the worse a player is...the more of my money they get....I seem to have no problems taking money from the average to good players.

I played well on Sunday though.

Also...

Stoxpoker's Leatherass9 invited players to play in 4 tables of 25NL for a video....
I played pretty decent....the exception being 3 specific hands....

First was the hand I stacked off on a complete bluff, I definately shouldnt have 2nd barrel the turn (yeah he had a set, but that didnt make it a sub-par play)
At the time I didnt think it all the way thru.....He called the flop....and LA wouldnt have called the flop without something...and if he had a draw...he probably would have raised....LA calling....well....thats a red flag right there.....
If the Turn would have been a K or A....I could make an arguement (obviously I still would have lost the hand...but at least then I could warrant the aggression in that situation....bascially...good idea to be agressive....after the flop call I should have known better and shut it down on the turn.

But the good thing about the hand...I think it did help me in the AA hand when I smooth called his 3bet.

The other hand I didnt like how I played was an AQ hand....I 3bet from the button from a bet, raise by the HJ and CO....BB made a good play and "super squeezed"...may have had a big hand....but if he didnt....definately a good play (I think he some SC but ya never know)

A couple times with AJos...felt like I was being weak tight and folding in a couple situations....but I just couldnt see raising with a reverse implied odds hand like that...I didnt have a specific read I was ahead in the situations....and to be honest...I would have rather done it with junk...at least then I know I had to hit 2 pair to consider being good if they called....
AJ is semi-strong...but I always have 2nd thoughts about it when 3bet....
I dunno...just one of those areas I still have doubts about game.

All in all...I would say I played c+ game, which isnt bad...but I just felt I didnt have a good feel here and there...I am too critical sometimes.....

I did get a good read and follow through with the player to my immediate left....super tight player...I abused him when it was just the blinds...everytime I raised I was stealing with absolute junk....just because he was so tight....it was going to be profitable...I wish I could get that type of player in the two seats to my left EVERY table....lol....i'd be playing a 50/45 game because I would be the "button" 5 out of 6 hands.

But my luck is always to get AKs and flop nothing, and CB called when they pair their 3 of the K3os and they dont fold...and I never hit.

LOL

back to the 25NL

I intentionally sat on LA left...not because I felt it would be profitable....just that I wanted to make sure I didnt attempt to sit in a neutral seat...and not get it, then get stuck with the seat to his right....LOL.....because I dont think having Dusty on my left would have been much fun.....well...unless I really felt like getting Real crazy, or playing a 8/6 session.

The more I think about it....I wish I wouldnt have played the complete bluff hand...I could have played a better overall game with the table set-up....though LA is a much much better player than I am....I think I lost a bit of the positional advantage with that one hand...got paid on a couple hands...but there were a bunch of situations in which I could have used a tighter image.

Essentially I saw what LA was doing after about 20 hands or so (he was seriously lagging it up, I noticed it immediately....mainly because I epected him to feel players out and then crush them...lol)....
I should have taken that into consideration...and kept a tight/solid image and use that to my advantage to use my position with the image...he would have adapted of course...but I essentially broke even with AA.....

LOL...okay maybe I didnt play that well....well....I did...but I didnt....I did somethings really well...but not so good in other ways.

I cant wait to see the video....partially I want to see if my gut instincts that initially had on certain hands, that I changed my mind on...see if I was stupid for not going with instinct...or if the 2nd guess instinct was right.

I dunno....part of me thinks that I over think things to much to play anything under 100NL (not specifically the video table today...just in general I outplay myself sometimes)

Okay..enough rambling....

I do need to call less, and raise more to end the hand (basically in situations not to call and dump off chips....either win the hand, or find out I am behind and know what to do on the turn or river)
Callings raise with no clue on what they have....that is just plain bad (unless ya have the nuts, then it doesnt matter)

at the stakes I am playing I need to:
Bluff less
CB less (I dunno...it seems every CB gets called when I dont want it to)
be more aggressive, but not 2 and 3 street bluffing.

I should have played more.

No comments: