Monday, January 28, 2008

The Pending Jones/Bedard Trade and the only opinion that matters.....

I have been putting this off until the "official" word that the trade is complete.....

First off....

I want Jones to be a Mariner for the next 6 years.....

Second.....

Erik Bedard is a stud of a pitcher and is definately an Ace. (when the trade happens I will make a separate entry welcoming Erik and heaping praise an my utter love of him as a Mariners...but for now I am mourning losses of the future)

That being said.....

As being reported presently.....

Erik Bedard for Adam Jones, George Sherrill, Chris Tillman and 2 other minor leaguers

I think Tillman is toooooooo much....should have kept tillman and gave up butler....If we give up Butler and Tillman....Bavasi must plan on working for baltimore next year....

I am seriously worried who the "other 2 prospects" are.....

As is...I dont like the trade....but will hope that we can make the playoffs and magically make the world series in the next 2 years....because as the Roster stands now...we are screwed if we dont...because bedard aint staying unless we win....and if we do its gonna cost a fortune....which means we still wont win past 2010...well...unless we can keep bedard and felix...and pray for lucky breaks in the minors....

saving salary on a talent as jones....potential #2-3 pitcher in Tillman...and the Present #52 George for cheap...well.....thats alot of talent for a very cheap price for ALOT of years.

I will survive though....as long as the other two prospects ARE NOT:
Tony Bulter
Jeff Clement
Brandon (1st round draft pick who will never start because bavasi is an idiot) Morrow
Carlos Truinfel (I will become an Orioles fan if its Carlos and Jones)

Players I dont want to see included...but might surivive.....
The list is long and many....
preferably no Starting pitchers...or position players with talent....becasue gawd knows we dont have many left.

I still can sink my teeth into it....
If Jones because a complete stud....I will cry in a couple years when we cant resign Bedard.
2 year rental for All-star would be horrible.

Okay enough.....

Its gonna happen....the only thing that matters now is who the 2 other prospects are.

and now...

Who's gonna play RF?

Luis Gonzales, Brad Wilkerson, Wlad the impaler, or insert

LOL...I think I will save that for another post as well.....after we find out who is included on the deal...I mean...I cant imagine Wlad being traded....but hey...with Bavasi, ya never know


Welcome Erik......Adam, we will miss you...in 2010-2014 especially....when we crying when bedard leaves...then Felix wants to play for a contender again and wants out...and Ichiro Suzuki retires.

We better win in the next 2 years.....because this is the time with the Bavasi plan..becasue at the end of it....its gonna be really bad....

So...

Go Seattle Mariners !!!!
World Series or Bust!

No comments: