Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Mariner Man Crush......


I went to the Mariners game last night (4/11 game 1 of a 3 game series against the Hated Anal Angels of Anahiem).....I had INCREDIBLE seats....my season tickets are on the 1st base side at homeplate....but I got a tickets for row 2 by 3rd base......

King Awesome (Adrian Beltre) has always had my admiration of his defensive ability....
have a ringside seat with him directly infront of me.....WOW......defensively he's a complete stud times 10 million....He single handedly in the 4th (I think) killed the angels rally....
Dives and Catches a ball drilled that is destined to score the guy on 2nd.....He pops up like a spring....is brilliant and goes for the tag....gets almost run over and then makes a bullseye throw to 1stbase while getting shoved out of the way by the runner.
AND......the snag and throw to homeplate later in the game that saved a run....
All Hail King Awesome.....I am not worthy.....they should have charged me double for the entertainment I got last night....it was a fun and exciting game to watch.

Okay.....short and sweet comments for the guys who produced...

Raul.....ummmm....Ibanez doesnt just own Weaver....he owns his future grandkids.......2 HRs that were monster bombs....the "short one" was 438 feet...I think the other one was like 456...in anycase....Weaver should think about just walking Raul every AB....Raul has somethng like a .600 lifetime average with 6 HRs....

Felix....considering he wasnt dominant....he did everything necessary to keep the mariners in the game and get the win.....OH....and striking out VLAD the impailer 3 straight times....that deserves some type of an award.

JOHJIMA---1st of all...DANG....whats up with the walks...its awesome...I never though Kenji would walk multiple times in a game....AND do it in multiple games.....sheesh...he's on pace to have more walks this year...than he has had in his entire career.....and it was good to see him break his O-fer streak.

Richie----Go Speed racer....Sexson-speed....Richie with an infield single......who would have thunk it....and the walks...keep it up....sure I'd like to have ya hit 40+ HRs....but I'll take a 400 OBP even if half of it is walks.

Lopez.....solid...well...except that damn Vlad double...should have played that better....but...I'm loving the new Lopez.

Ichiro---I love that I am starting to take ya for granted......Ichi-stud

Okay....its sleepy time

1 game back....and its a big game tommorrow.....soul-patch-power

No comments: