Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dave Niehaus Hall of Fame bound...FINALLY!!!!

It is Loooooonnnnnnnnnng over due.

Dave Niehaus is not only the voice of the Mariners.....
He is a Mariner...He is "The Franchise"

To be honest...I dont even know where to start....

I remember going to games....bring an AM radio just to hear the play by play of Dave.
I cant remember a HR that was "belted".....
Grandma is always the relative who supplies the Rye Bread.
Grandma always had "Grand" Salami and not the cheap kind.
"My Oh My" isnt just a saying....its Mariners culture....
Junior is Griffeys 1st name right?
Alvin Davis Maybe "Mr Mariner"....but Dave is "Mr Mariner Sr."
Dave is like Mariners Dad....he rename Norm Charlton.

Gawd I love Dave Niehaus....just listening to his calls of the 95 season...they send chills down my spine.

When I watch replays of Edgar Martinez Double in Game 5 of the Divisional Series against the New York Yankees....I am hearing Daves voice even before he says it.....

"Right now, the Mariners looking for the tie. They would take a fly ball, they would love a base hit into the gap and they could win it with Junior's speed. The stretch... and the 0-1 pitch on the way to Edgar Martinez swung on and LINED DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE FOR A BASE HIT! HERE COMES JOEY, HERE IS JUNIOR TO THIRD BASE, THEY'RE GOING TO WAVE HIM IN! THE THROW TO THE PLATE WILL BE ... LATE! THE MARINER'S ARE GOING TO PLAY FOR THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! IT JUST CONTINUES! MY OH MY!"

Congratulations Dave for winning the Frick Award......Cooperstown bound, and very deserving.

I can't even imagine a Mariners broadcast without Niehaus....From David Segui's first Pitch in 1977 til present.....

I was sad Oct 3, 2004 when Edgar Retired......
The only other day I can imagine being as sad is the day Dave retires.

We Love you Dave, dont ever retire.

No comments: