Saturday, November 24, 2007

Short brief New beggining

About 3 weeks ago I completed my Cake Poker promo for Poker Source Online (I pretty cool promo.....play 600 points at Cake, and Get a year paid Premium membership at Stox Poker.

Initially...I thought "What the heck" Its free...I am gonna play anyways...and I wanted to check out the videos.....But of course I am a cheapskate to spend the money unless I know its gonna be a benefit.

So far after 3 weeks...I can say its definately helped....not for 80% of my game (which has always been exceptional)...but the 20% or so that I bleed or donk of money that I dont realize, or do realize but it happens anyways.

One of the biggest things was wanting to win every pot I put money in (well okay...not every).....its the 20% of the time when ya have AKs...pfr 4XBB...flop comes rags....Fire a 2/3+ pot CB....then they call....In stead of shutting it down on the blank turn, when the villian has 10% chance of folding...I fire again 80% of the time......even when I know its for nothing.
After watching Leatherass9 fold....well...what must have been 10 in a row times on the turn when he was convinced the villian might have something...or even if he didnt...just not wanting to spew money....
I dunno....just made me thing "dude, If I fold half the time, my profit sky rockets"

Ironically...that was all I change the first week....reducing 2nd Barrel by 70%.
My variance over the next 10K hads was dramatiocally reduced.

BLah Blah Blah Blah

Its been a little over 3 weeks......
My aggression is up (when I dont go too nuts, I am unbeatable) preflop
My post flop decisions are better (still workin on specific situations in which I know I dont read as well)

What I need to work on:
Pull the trigger on more squeezes
Analyze which squeezes are good or bad situations better.
(improved but needs more) Dont call....raise or fold (apply this 89% of the time)

Back to the Tables

FYI....Join stox with the link to the right...definately worth it

No comments: