Saturday, November 24, 2007

Almost forgot to mention the Mariners

The Angels are making move like crazy this offseason.....and the Mariners not much at all so far.

Angels
Tori-Hunter (imporves their defense, but if you ask me....he's good offensively BUT at Ichiro 5 year money....The Angels are getting hosed)
Garland trade??? Why? Makes no sense to me....Pitching is not the Angels problem...and a #5 starter doesnt get them over the hump....its a break even trade for the Angels if ya ask me (unless they play on shipping pitching talent to improve SS or 3B with a bat)

Mariners.
My guess is they will sign Hiroki Kuroda.....
My only concern is paying to much for 3+ years...if he flames out like Igawa....well...then we are screwed.....I dont mind it....because...HEY, there is zero free agent starting pitching that is worht anything....$12 mil per for Silva??? If that happens...shoot me.

As far as Sexson and Lopez......
I think its unlikely the Mariners will be able to move sexson because of the salary....Lopez on the other hand...I think the front offfice is just about to give up on him (with Chen doing well)....I just hope any trade is something that will benifit the Mariners long term or short term.....not a Carlos Guillen type of trade.

Winter Meetings are coming up.....fireworks should start flying for the Mariners.

No comments: